Amazon has announced the Echo Input for customers in India. Echo Input is your gateway to enjoy the features of Alexa on any existing speaker you have. Alexa can be added to any speaker by connecting it using an AUX cable or via Bluetooth.
Commenting on the launch, Jayshree Gururaj, Director, Amazon Devices said, “Our customers tell us that they love the convenience of being able to ask Alexa to play music, get information, control smart home devices, and much more.” She further added, “With Echo Input, we are giving users even more options to choose the best Echo device for their needs. Adding Echo Input to your existing speakers is the easiest way to begin your voice-first experience with Alexa.”
Echo Input features a four-microphone array making it possible for everyone to talk to Alexa from across the room. Echo Input is just 12.5mm thick and customers can use the Alexa app to easily connect Echo Input to speakers. The Alexa app is available for free for devices running Android and iOS. Unlike the Echo Dot, Echo Input makes it possible to play audio via the connected speaker rather than through Echo Input itself. Also, when a speaker is connected to Echo Input it can be added to a new or existing multi-room music group. Users can listen to music from Amazon Prime Music, Saavn and TuneIn and now, other two popular music streaming services, Hungama and Gaana are available on Alexa.
- Echo Input brings Alexa to your speaker, and makes it a smart speaker that can stream music hands-free.
- Can hear you from across the room - even when music is playing.
- Stream music hands-free from Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, Gaana, Hungama Music, Radio City Gold and more on your connected speaker.
- Ask Alexa for your favorite song, artist or request a specific genre or mood - "Alexa, play romantic songs".
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills. Set timers, create to-do lists, control compatible smart home devices, play games and more.
The all-new Echo Input from Amazon is priced at just Rs. 2,999 and there are attractive launch offers from speaker brands such as Bose, JBL and UE Boom. When customers purchase Echo Input with selected speakers from these brands, they can get a discount of worth up to Rs. 2,999 making the Echo Input for free. Buying a Bose Soundlink Revolve speaker makes Echo Input free, while customers who purchase the JBL Go 2 Speaker can get 50% off on Echo Input. Just like Bose Soundlink Revolve, buying a UE Boom 3 speaker lets customers grab the Echo Input for free.
The Echo Input is available on Amazon India and also, it will be available in offline stores like Croma, Vijay Sales, and other offline retailers.