Do you use a microwave? No? What had stopped you from buying that? What questions arises in your mind before buying a microwave? Are you thinking about uses of it or you think that cooking or even warming food in it destroys nutrients of your food?
Well along with air conditioners, I am here for my readers to resolve queries related to microwaves too. I am here to answer any myth or query you might have till now from various sources about microwaves ovens.
So what exactly is a microwave?
In brief, microwave is a product which heats food using radio waves. But these are not such waves which you may found harmful in absolutely any manner. It’s a product who is capable of warming your food evenly throughout and maintain it’s preservatives.
But Why We May Use it?
First of all, i may start by saying, Time is Gold. We can get everything (may be), but cannot bring back time which we may had lost in doing miscellaneous things in life. Microwaves saves lots of time by providing options of setting timer to warm or cooking food. Different timers can be set or auto-programmed for different types of food.
Provides Ease for Cooking Food
Days are going where people may prefer to cook food the traditional way using gas stove or induction cooktop. Now microwaves are making their place to kitchen for accomplish numerous tasks like reheating remaining food, making crunchy pop-corns, heating packed food or even defrosting frozen food. And even those are somehow safe and automated as you know that it’ll shut-down after a time-period.
Easy to Clean
Microwaves are much more easier to maintain or to clean rather than those good old utensils which may remain with you for longer period and keeps your kitchen routine hectic. Rather for cleaning microwave, you just require a cotton cloth to wipe it from inside and you’re done. When wanted to remove smell of food from microwave, boil a bowl of water with few drops of lemon juice in it inside microwave and your oven shall be ready again to use.
Microwaves requires less or No supervision depending on the task you’re doing. And here with LG microwaves, 301 recipes settings are feeded in microwave itself. All you need to choose the correct recipe no. in microwave settings and you’re good to go. All we need to place the food inside microwave, set the correct time or recipe no. (if applicable) and you might require to check it once or twice to steer only if necessary. Even you can take as many phone calls you want while using a microwave.
Health Benefits when cooking food using a LG Microwave
Please do not believe on myths that heating or cooking food in microwaves destroys nutrients or vitamins in your food. This has been stated by various doctors and hospitals that even some food cooked in a microwave will retain their nutritional value better than any cooking method.
- High vitamin and mineral retention: Many cooking methods burn away important nutrients. Due to little or no added water, covered cooking and a short heating time, some microwave meals are recommended due to their ability to hold onto essential nutritional value. These foods include vegetables, burritos, popcorn, baked potatoes, casseroles and soup.
- Flavor enhancement. Because microwaved meals are cooked in their own juice, it eliminates the need to add butter, oils or salt. This enables the food to lock in its flavor, allowing you to enjoy it without ingesting unnecessary sodium, sugar or fat. If certain foods are cooked in a microwave they may encourage weight loss programs.
- Real meals in less time. Using a microwave is fast and easy, but actually preparing nutritious meals rather than a quick meal is possible. Using Steam bags can help prepare such things as juicy salmon, crisp vegetables and desserts such as apple slices with cinnamon or sliced plums, almonds and honey.
- Charcoal Heater: Currently in India, it’s only LG who is providing their users, microwave ovens with Charcoal Heaters. Benefits of having a charcoal heater is that it heats or crisp food fast and tastes like as if it’s cooked inside a brick oven. Charcoal heating is the World’s 1st eating grill that enhances Water heat absorption, cooking more naturally and efficiently compared to conventional sheath, like Real Charcoal grilling.
- Lightwave Technology: Lightwave is the another best feature which temps me to get microwave only from LG. Lightwave technology means food will taste good and retain its natural goodness when cooked. It’s crispier, healthier and juicier in a fraction of the time. Lightwave cookers heat up quickly and respond well, allowing you to control the way you cook. Lightwave cookers make less mess and are easier to clean than conventional ovens.
Lightwave convection oven’s charcoal lighting heater showcase how technology is helping customers combine cooking convenience while ensuring nutrition and health are not compromised. The technology uses more natural heating techniques to ensure fats are reduced and nutrients are locked in.
Few Points to take care while using a Microwave:
As with any kitchen appliance, there are cautions and approaches for the best use of microwave cooking:
- Microwave safe food wraps and containers must be used
- Manufacturer’s instructions will list power levels to be used for different kinds of food and methods of cooking, so that cooking occurs evenly.
- As with any heating source, products that are heated for too long can catch fire
- Heating liquids without stirring can result in explosive boiling
- Metals including foil will create an electric arc or sparking when heated, so cannot be placed in the microwave until the microwave is designed to handle those. Here, LG few microwaves has such design where you can heat food even with a metallic utensil.