Amazon Pay and ICICI Bank Limited today announced the launch of Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card in partnership with Visa. This is a premier partnership between the e-commerce and the banking giant in the nation that rewards Amazon customers, based on their purchases.
Amazon Prime members earn 5% reward points on shopping on Amazon India, whereas regular Amazon customers get 3% reward points. Also, customers using Amazon Pay to pay to merchants and businesses earn 2% reward points, across categories such as food delivery, utility payments, movie ticketing and much more. Customers can also earn rewards at millions of merchant locations throughout India that accept Visa.
As of now, selected Amazon and ICICI Bank customers are able to avail this offering, however, the program will be extended in future. The selected customers will be able to see their invite on the Amazon app. If they wish, they can immediately get a digital, paper-free card and start using it. However, a physical card will be sent to them as well.
Under this program, each reward point is equivalent to a rupee and the rewards earnings are credited monthly to the customer’s Amazon Pay balance under Gift and Credits section. Customers then can use the amount to shop on Amazon India or can pay partner merchants. The reward points are uncapped and do not expire, and there are other benefits like fuel surcharge waivers, No-cost EMI offers & surprise bonus points during sale events on Amazon.in and Amazon Pay partner merchants.
Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Features
- Reward points up to 5% on card spend: 5% for Amazon Prime members and 3% back for all other customers for shopping on Amazon India, 2% for all customers on spends on digital categories on Amazon India such as, bill payments, recharges, wallet load etc., 2% for all customers on spends on Amazon Pay merchants (e.g., Swiggy, Bookmyshow, Yatra, and many more), 1% for all customers on spends on any merchant location in the country, where Visa cards are accepted.
- Fuel-surcharge waiver and no cost EMI offers on a large selection. No earnings on fuel, EMI transactions and gold purchases.
- Reward points are credited each month to Amazon Pay.
- Reward points are uncapped and do not expire. Hence customers can shop more, use Amazon Pay more and more to earn more reward points.
- The credit card can be used at more than 4 million merchant locations in India.
- There is no joining or annual fee for the card
Here is how spending Rs. 1000 will be rewarded back to users under various categories.
|Amazon Prime customers spending on Amazon.in||Non-prime customer spending on Amazon.in||For spends on digital categories and with partner merchants of Amazon Pay||For spends across any other merchant where Visa cards are accepted in the country|
|50 points (5% earnings back)||30 points (3% earnings back)||20 points (2% earnings back)||10 points (1% earnings back)|