Mi MIX 2, one of the much-awaited flagship bezel-less smartphone by Xiaomi has finally been launched in India. The biggest highlight of the phone is the huge 5.99-inch bezel-less display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. The Mi MIX 2 will be priced at Rs. 35,999 and will be available via Flipkart and Mi.com.
We will discuss a bit about the Mi MIX 2, but let’s look at the key specifications.
Key specifications of Mi MIX 2
- 5.99-inch, 18:9 display with custom rounded corners
- 2160 × 1080 resolution (FHD+), 403 PPI
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- DCI-P3 color gamut, high color saturation
- Hidden sound guided speaker and ultrasonic proximity sensor
- 7-series aluminum alloy frame, four-sided curved ceramic body
- 18k gold-plated camera rim
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 camera sensor with 4-axis OIS, large 1.25μm pixels
- 5MP front camera with Super black lens coating
- Beautify with 36 smart beauty profiles ·
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835, 10nm processor technology (Octa-core, max 2.45GHz)
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM + 128GB internal storage
- 3400mAh high-capacity battery, full-day usage
- 9V/2A Quick charge 3.0, USB Type-C
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- Global LTE support, 6 modes 43 bands, Dual SIM
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Multi-function NFC: Read, write, card emulation, and P2P
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 75.5 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 185g
- MIUI 8 based on Android N
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 runs Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with MIUI 9 on top. As we mentioned, the Mi MIX 2 sports a 5.99-inch full-HD+ (1080×2160 pixels) LCD display. The phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC, coupled with 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM. The Mi MIX 2 sports a 12-megapixel Sony IMX386 rear camera sensor with 1.25-micron pixels, 4-axis optical image stabilization, a 5-piece lens with an aperture of f/2.0. The camera also supports facial recognition feature. On the front, it bears a 5-megapixel front camera, placed at the bottom of the screen so whenever you will open the front camera, just rotate the phone and click selfies.
In terms of storage, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 comes with 128GB of storage, but there is no option to expand the storage. Connectivity options on the Mi MIX 2 include 4G, VoLTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11c, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, and USB Type-C. There are all necessary sensors onboard including an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, barometer, digital compass, gyroscope, and ultrasonic proximity sensor. The smartphone packs a 3400mAh battery.
Commenting at the launch event, Jai Mani, Product Lead, Xiaomi India said, “We are constantly ahead of the pack in trying out new technology and bringing innovations to as many people as possible. Mi MIX 2 is truly an example of what we stand for. It brings together a gorgeous ceramic back, a full-screen display with minimal bezels and a reduced chin size. After an enduring process of 7 days, ceramic is baked at 1400° C and is converted from a brittle material into a strong, premium glass-like finish. We are truly glad to have Mi MIX 2 in India for our Mi Fans and I cannot wait for them to experience this high level of innovation from the house of Xiaomi”
The biggest highlight of the Mi MIX 2 is its 5.99-inch bezel-less LCD display that has a full-HD+ resolution (1080×2160 pixels) in an 18:9 aspect ratio, resulting in a pixel density of 403ppi. Due to the bezel-less design, the front camera and other sensors have been placed on the bottom chin below the display and Mi has used a ‘hidden sound-guided speaker’ that resonates sound through the display and frame. The Mi MIX 2 comes with a ceramic body with a 7-Series aluminum frame and there is a 18K gold plated camera ring on the rear panel. However, the higher variant Mi MIX 2 with all ceramic body and 8GB RAM won’t be available in India.
The Mi MIX 2 is priced at Rs. 35,999 in India and will be available via Flipkart and Mi.com in a preview sale on October 17. At this price, it will compete with the OnePlus 5. The Mi MIX 2 will also go on sale via Mi Home and other offline retailer partners.