Asus recently launched Transformer Book Trio (Notebook) which is capable of running dual operating systems and you can switch OS with just one click of button. This Trio book has Windows 8 pro and Android Jelly Bean 4.2 version pre-installed. Why it’s called Trio, because with just one button, you can switch between Windows 8 Notebook, Android tablet or Windows 8 Desktop version. The main detachable display which acts as a PC and tablet is 11.6″ in size and is a FULL HD IPS display.
Please note that Windows 8 PC/Desktop is powered by an 3 GHZ I7 Intel processor with 4 GB of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 4400. Whereas the Android tablet is powered by 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Z2560 processor and have 16GB of storage. The PC station it has boasts a beautiful keyboard also acts as a extended battery source for the tablet/PC.
Asus Transformer Book Trio Technical Specifications
- 11.6-inch 16:9 Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display
- 268mm frameless backlit chiclet keyboard
- Windows 8 Pro and Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 3 GHz Intel Core i7 4500U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 for Windows 8 and 1.6 GHz Intel Z2560 for Android Tablet
- Tablet – 5MP auto-focus rear camera with 1080p video recording; Tablet and PC – 720p HD front-facing camera
- PC: 4GB DDR3 RAM and 500 GB HDD; Tablet: 2GB DDR2 RAM, 16GB eMMC and microSD card slot
- Tablet – G-Sensor, Gyroscope, E-compass, Ambient Light Sensor
- ASUS SonicMaster audio with Bang & Olufsen ICEpower for rich and detailed sound
- PC Mode: WiFi 802.11ac, dual band , External cable supports10/100Mbit Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0, mini DisplayPort, 2 USB 3.0 ports, Micro-HDMI 1.4 (1080p support), audio jack combo
- Tablet: WiFi 802.11n, single-band, Bluetooth 3.0, micro-USB, audio jack combo and USB 2.0 port in docked mode
- 19 watt hour (Tablet) + 33 watt hour (Docking station)
Currently Asus Transformer Book Trio (TX201LA-CQ003P) is available on an approximate price of Rs. 98K and shall be available for buying only at selected Asus retailers all over India. Sometime it’s tough to understand vision of ASUS regarding which segment they are trying to target by bringing this Notebook to market, since at such price One can also consider buying mac-book too.