So, after smartphones, are we entering an era of smart printers? The functionality printers offering these days are definitely mind-blowing since this sector is growing rapidly with some dominant players like HP or Canon. We shall carry this discussion later on, but currently we are discussing about the new HP HotSpot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP All-in-one printer. Indeed HP is doing great in printer business and they agree on this point as well that they are not earning by selling printers, but in actual, there main business is selling cartridges. That’s why we get so much advanced printers at very low cost especially from HP.
HP HotSpot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP Features
So, as i said above, this printer boasts some real extra ordinary features other than usual features like Printing, scan or fax. More extra features it has includes:
- Wireless printing and internet access.
- Print high quality documents with Chinese and Indian fonts as well.
- Send & Receive fax after getting it attached with PC.
- It even supports 19 ppm letter / 18 ppm A4.
- One click install with HP Smart Install.
- Easy wireless internet access to connect with mobile devices and PC anywhere.
- Supports HP e-print as well and supports printing virtually from anywhere.
- Supports Air Print means wirelessly from your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
- Supports wireless direct printing for supporting other mobile devices.
- Supports connecting MFP to PC via high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- Consumes less energy with HP Auto ON-OFF Technology, Instant on Technology and Instant on Copy.
HP HotSpot LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP Specifications
- Print quality black (best): Up to 600 x 600 dpi (1200 dpi effective)
- Duty cycle (monthly, A4): Up to 8000 pages
- Print technology: Laser
- Display: 2-line LCD
- Processor speed: 400 MHz
- Number of print cartridges: 1 (black)
- Replacement cartridges: HP 88A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (1500 pages) CC388A
- Print languages: Host-based
- Memory card compatibility: No
- Memory, standard: 64 MB
- Memory, maximum: 64 MB
- Paper handling input, standard: 150-sheet input tray, 35-sheet automatic document feeder
- Paper handling output, standard: 100-sheet face-down bin
- Duplex printing: Manual (driver support provided)
- Envelope input capacity: Up to 10 envelopes
- Media sizes supported: A4; A5; ISO B5; ISO C5; ISO C5/6; ISO C6; ISO DL; 16K; European postcard; J postcard (Hagaki); J double postcard (Oufuku Hagaki)
- Media types: Paper (plain, laser), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cardstock, postcards
- HP ePrint capability: Yes
- Connectivity, standard: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, 10/100Base-T Ethernet network port, RJ-11 Telephone port, Wireless 802.11b/g/n
- Connectivity, optional: None
- Compatible operating systems: Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP, Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2003; Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; Linux (see http://www.hplip.net)
- Power: Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)
- Operating temperature range: 10 to 32.5ºC
- Operating humidity range: 10 to 80% RH
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H): 435 x 265 x 306 mm
- Weight: 8.3 kg
- Package weight: 10.8 kg
- What’s in the box: HP LaserJet Pro M1218nfs MFP; power cord(s); phone cord(s); 150-sheet input tray; output tray; introductory HP Black LaserJet toner cartridge (~700 pages); Hotspot Installation Guide; Readiris PRO text recognition software; Installation Guide; support flyer; Errata sheet; Discovery Sheet; Ferrite with flyer; Warranty Guide (where applicable); CD(s) with software and documentation; USB cable
- Cable included: Yes, 1 USB
- Warranty: One-year limited warranty
HP HotSpot Laser JetPro M1218nfs MFP All-in-one printer have so many advanced features and simply best go for it. I like the print quality. It gives best performance than other color printers. Very useful for home use and office use. Best speed. Must buy.
Leave a comment