- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
3.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating
As enterprises venture into diverse areas of business, mobile computing is becoming increasingly critical for performance and profitability. Panasonic – the worldwide leader in diverse electronics, technologies, and solutions today launched the world’s first fully rugged detachable notebook – Toughbook CF-20 in India. The Toughbook CF-20 is purpose-built for challenging environments, including field services, utilities, oil and gas, transportation and logistics, healthcare, insurance, public safety and defense.
Panasonic Introduces World’s First Rugged Detachable Notebook for Business
Equipped with Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro), CF-20 is the first Toughbook to be powered by 6th Generation IntelR CoreTM vProTM processor technology, 128GB SSD, and 8GB RAM. Additionally, it sports a glove enabled touchscreen, and purpose-built Vehicle Mount and Desktop Port Replicator, armed to meet all mobile computing needs at extreme conditions.
Commenting on the launch, Kensei Isaki, Manager, Asia Pacific & India Sales Section, Overseas Sales Department, IT Products Business Division (ITPBD), AVC Networks Company, said, “Panasonic Toughbook have been designed to meet the evolving business needs of the enterprises. While enterprises continue to diversify, the need of the hour is mobile computing. Mobility, particularly at mission-critical situations, give an edge to businesses. We are proud to state that Panasonic is amongst the few device manufacturers to offer complete customization for our rugged-devices, in-house. Toughbook CF-20 too will complement the existing business ecosystem, driven by factors such as improving mobility infrastructure, combined with business and workforce demand.”
Mr. Gunjan Sachdev, National Business Head – Toughbook, Panasonic India, further added, “Toughbook CF-20 is a validation of our proud legacy. It showcases our excellence and experience of nearly two decades of manufacturing rugged devices to accomplish the mission of professionals in the most demanding work environments. Aimed to meet the evolving needs of enterprises, the CF-20 is bundled with a broad range of configurable options; the ability to detach the tablet from notebook provides ultimate flexibility, an unparalleled reliability, and enterprise-grade features. The device comes as an ideal product for a host of usage scenarios in the industry. With CF-20 we are looking at increasing our market share from the existing 60%.”
Panasonic Toughbook CF-20: Key Specifications
- Versatility: World’s first fully rugged detachable PC, combining the best features of laptop and tablet.
- Processor: Intel® CoreTM m5-6Y57 vProTM Processor (4MB Cache, 1.1GHz up to 2.8 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology).
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro or Windows 7 Professional (available through downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro).
- Display:1” WUXGA 1920 x 1200 (224 PPI) sunlight-viewable 800 nit IPS display
- Memory & Storage: 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD (upgradeable to 256GB or 512GB).
- Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 515.
- Battery Life: An identical, removable, full-shift 2600mAh battery comes standard in the tablet and as an option in the keyboard dock
- Hot Swappable: Optional bridge battery allows batteries to be hot swapped for continuous use.
- Durability: Designed to meet MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F, and IP65.
- Connectivity: A variety of ports on both tablet and keyboard dock for maximum portability and flexibility including USB (including one high powered 1.5A USB on the tablet), SDXC, HDMI, VGA, Serial, Ethernet, Wireless: 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dual Pass Antenna, optional 4G LTE multi-carrier or Dedicated GPS.
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 will be available in Aug 2016 from authorized Panasonic resellers at an estimated price of INR 2.25 lakhs, plus taxes and will include a standard three-year limited warranty.
Panasonic Toughbook CF-20: Key Features
- Fully rugged, 2-in-1 lightweight laptop detaches easily to become a 10.1″ tablet.
- Rugged defined as – MIL-STD-810G and IP65 design with a magnesium alloy chassis, built-in handle also functions as a kickstand to provide on-the-job flexibility and gloved multi-touch display.
- Toughbook CF-20 gives a new definition to business performance – features Windows 10 Pro, Intel® Core™ m5 vPro™ processor, optional bridge battery allows hot swap battery replacement.
- Ports & Expansion: On Tablet: USB (optional 2nd USB), MicroSDXC, HDMI, Ethernet, Optional Serial, Headphone/mic, Micro-SIM.
- On Keyboard Dock: USB x 3, SDXC, HDMI, VGA, Ethernet Serial, Docking connector.
Panasonic Toughbook CF-20
Summary: Panasonic – the worldwide leader in diverse electronics, technologies, and solutions today launched the world’s first fully rugged detachable notebook – Toughbook CF-20 in India. The Toughbook CF-20 is purpose-built for challenging environments, including field services, utilities, oil and gas, transportation and logistics, healthcare, insurance, public safety and defense.