Microsoft India today launched their most powerful tablet yet in India i.e. Surface Pro 4. While it was really hard to get surface tablets before, because of the import costs and higher pricing, finally you can now buy Surface tablets offline & online too. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is available exclusively at Amazon.in online and HCL is the only authorized seller for offline sales. There are few authorized re-sellers too for South India whose information can be found out below. After Surface Pro 3, Microsoft take a jump of generation and launched Surface Pro 4 with 6th gen Intel processor with Windows 10, Windows Hello, Surface Pen, Microsoft Edge & Cortana. This is the only best choice if you’re looking for a replacement of your current Windows PC and needs mobility too of a tablet.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Launched
“I am delighted to announce that Surface Pro 4 – the most awaited tablet is now available in India. Surface Pro 4 is designed to reinvent personal computing. It is a highly prolific and versatile device that will push the limits of performance and productivity in the most elegant way. It is a Bhaskar Pramanik, Chairman, Microsoft India. “Equipped with all the features of a fully powered laptop into a thin, light and beautifully designed device, Surface Pro 4 works in harmony with the full power of Windows 10,” he added.
With Surface Pro 4, Microsoft has perfected its idea of a convertible device. At only 8.4 mm thin, Surface Pro 4 features Windows 10 Pro, a stunning 12.3-inch PixelSense Display and 6th Generation Intel® Core™ m, Core™ i5, and Core™ i7 processors, enabling everyone from students, professionals to creators to get more done on the go. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover, takes Surface Pro 4 from tablet to laptop in an instant and features a redesigned mechanical keyboard with optimal key spacing for fast and fluid typing. The redesigned Surface Pen packs 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity, letting you write, draw and mark documents with precision ink on one end and an eraser on the other.
Surface Pro 4 takes what people love about Surface Pro 3 and makes it better by packing in more power and performance into the fastest and lightest Surface yet. It is inspiring to see what developers can do with their Surface Pro 4. One can almost feel the content that they are creating; the productivity and magic that comes out of this device is overwhelming.
Surface Pro 4: Thinner, Lighter and More Powerful
- Light and powerful – Powered by Windows 10, the 8.4mm thin Surface Pro 4 turns from a tablet into a full powered laptop while running all of your desktop software.
- Amazing screen – One of the brightest and most accurate displays Surface offers a 12.3” PixelSense™ display. It features 267 ppi and 1300:1 contrast ratio, supports 100 percent sRGB color, and has 5 million pixels.
- Incredibly mobile – More powerful and lighter than ever before at 1.69lbs (786 grams), Surface Pro 4 is the most versatile and productive device you’ll ever use.
- Work on the go – With the multi-position kickstand and an improved Type Cover, it transforms into a fully functioning laptop running desktop software.
- Mobile workstation – Surface Pro 4 with 6th Generation Intel® Core™ m3, i5, and i7 processors is not only more powerful – it’s quieter and runs cooler than ever before.
- Stay sharp – Video conference in HD with the 5MP front-facing camera or take stunning pictures and video with the 8MP autofocus rear-facing camera.
- Lasts all day – The battery lasts up to 9 hours so you can work uninterrupted. So, now you can take your Surface with you all day.
- Full Office – Surface Pro 4 works perfectly with the full suite of Office products, driving your productivity to new heights.
- Markup webpages – Write directly on webpages with Surface Pen in the all-new Microsoft Edge browser and share your notes easily.
- Vast range of apps – Surface Pro 4 has all the power you need for even the most demanding apps, along with creative and professional software.
With Surface Pro 4, Microsoft’s commitment to businesses continues with the largest set of early adopters of a Surface device in business ever. Already, customers from a variety of industries including mobile-field sales, design, professional services, energy and the public sector have purchased Surface Pro 4 to help their employees maximize productivity.
“Adobe and Microsoft have been collaborating to bring the full power of Adobe Creative Cloud to a mobile experience, optimized for pen and touch,” said Umang Bedi, MD, Adobe South Asia. “In our recent update to Creative Cloud, Adobe delivered Touch workspaces to InDesign CC and Illustrator CC, pioneering new ways of interacting with essential design apps — and these workspaces were designed specifically for Windows tablets, including Microsoft Surface Pro. Additionally, with Touch support also part of Photoshop CC and our industry-defining video tools, Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC, we are looking forward to see how creatives in India embrace this natural way of working with their favourite Adobe tools.”
Surface: Availability and Pricing
Microsoft is following a unique ‘Omni-Channel’ strategy – consumers can get a unique Surface showcase demo from select Microsoft Priority Resellers in NCR, Mumbai and Bengaluru and pre-book their Surface Pro 4 via Amazon.in. Microsoft India is also ranging Surface Pro 3 (128 GB, i3) variant in the country**.
Surface availability and pricing in consumer channel:
|SKU Code||Surface Pro 3|
|Surface Pro 4 |
|Surface Pro 4 |
|Surface Pro 4 |
|ERP||Rs. 73,990/-||Rs. 89,990/-||Rs. 1,20,990/-||Rs. 1,44,990/-|
Commercial customers can pre-order via their Authorized Device Resellers or by contacting their account managers at Microsoft India.
Surface availability in commercial channel:
|SKU Code||Surface Pro 4 |
|Surface Pro 4|
Surface accessories pricing and availability:
|SKU Code||Type Cover |
|Surface Pen||Power Supply Unit|
|ERP||Rs. 12,490||Rs. 5,990/-||Rs. 8,490/-|